Tuesday, June 2, 2009

WAR XXIV - Bachleor Party!

Well, against all odds and many wagers, I'm getting married.  I leave Thursday morning for OKC to get hitched on Saturday.  And if I've done my math correctly, that leaves me one more ride as a single man.

So, come out Wednesday for a ride - bachelor party style.  We will visit some of my favorite places in Austin.  I know this ride is a bit self-serving, but if you don't like it, plan your own damn ride.

Every day as a Senior at the great University of Texas, I would walk home from class and have a jalapeno cheeseburger and a Shiner Bock at the Crown & Anchor.  Only cost me $5.  It's a little more expensive these days, but the beer is still cold and the fries are still hot.  So, let's meet at Crown at 6:15pm for a beer and a cold one.

We will then take a tour around campus for old times sake and then visit the Flying Saucer for a craft beer.

Then we are on to Billy's to lounge on the deck and finally to my favorite bar - The Draught Horse.  I know, technically now it is the House, but I'm nostalgic.

See you on Wednesday.  Bring lights, a lock and a friend.  Next time you see me, I'll be wearing a ring (provided Christina shows).

No comments: